Job type: Trustee
Launched in 2022, Jhive is a cross-communal Jewish charity with a unique offering that builds bridges with corporates to cultivate a more welcoming and inclusive environment for Jewish employees through equity, diversity and inclusion training. Jhive also delivers alternative career education to schools with a focus on apprenticeships and widening career choice. Furthermore, it provides a supportive community, the largest of its kind for those that work or aspire to work in the technology and entrepreneurial sectors. It also has plans for further initiatives in this space.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Fundraising Trustee to join our board. This is a hands-on trustee role in which you will be instrumental in ushering in an exciting phase as we launch Jhive as a full-time service to the Jewish community.
The ideal candidate will leverage their skills and networks, serving as a trusted advocate and brand ambassador for our charity. He/she will bring a wealth of experience as a charity fundraiser along with a clear understanding of integrated fundraising and marketing communications. Crucially, they will have a well-rounded knowledge of the UK charity fundraising sector and the Jewish community.
If you have a passion for building bridges between corporates and the Jewish community, sparking Jewish entrepreneurship and providing school leavers with real alternatives to university, then this trustee fundraiser role is for you!
• To maximise income by developing relationships with Trusts, Foundations, Major Donors, and High Net Worth Individuals, delivering written and verbal approaches for financial support. Liaising with the Director to gain project information.
• Work with Executive Director to produce and implement an annual work plan to achieve set income targets and other key objectives.
• Handle all administration concerning this income stream ensuring compliance with Data Protection regulations.
• To contribute to developing strategies to achieve our aims and create a clear system to assign implementation of the strategies to the director and future members of staff.
• To monitor the performance of Jhive against standards to ensure that it serves users of the charity as efficiently, effectively, and economically as possible.
• To oversee Jhive’s compliance with the law and accountability to its stakeholders.
• To ensure that the board itself performs effectively and contains people with the skills and experience it needs, and makes plans to ensure the recruitment, induction, and development of new trustees.
WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL YOU MAKE:
As a fundraising trustee for Jhive, your skills and experience will be instrumental in achieving our goals. Your contributions will focus on fundraising and steering our efforts as we work diligently to support school pupils, school leavers, entrepreneurs, and corporates and organisations. Your role will be integral in expanding career opportunities for the next generation and in strengthening relationships between corporates and the Jewish community. Most importantly, becoming a trustee at Jhive will provide you with the opportunity to make a real, lasting impact across career education, entrepreneur support, and the building of relationships between corporates and the Jewish community.
If you are interested in this role and would like to schedule an informal meeting with the Executive Director, Daniel Levy, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you would like to apply for the role, please click on the apply button below. You can also send a cover letter with a CV to email@example.com